These are the most basic of biscuits. Very quick to make too, just mix everything together and spoon on a tray. I sometimes add a handfull of rasins for a fruity bite. The recipe is from BBC Good Food.
75g wholemeal flour – i use Bacheldre flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g porridge oats
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp milk – or soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Mix in baking powder, porridge oats and sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan or in the microwave and stir until heated through.
- Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix well combined.
- Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
- biscuits fit for fighting – and too good for sharing (scotchpancakes.wordpress.com)
- Buttermilk Oat Flour Biscuits (grainmillwagon.com)