I have a habit of eating the fruit in muesli bags and needed to find something to do with the leftover muesli other than eating it as muesli! Check out these bars from Dorset Cereals.
Very easy to make, i’ve had trouble in the past getting muesli bars to set – no such problem with this recipe. I added a handful of sultanas and linseeds to replace my grazing.
- 65g margarine/butter/low fat margarine – I used Suma dairy-free spread
- 160ml runny honey
- 50g brown sugar
- 130g wholemeal flour
- 250g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat
- Add the honey and sugar stir and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and let it cool slightly
- Stir in the muesli and flour gradually
- Press into a greased baking dish (25x18cm)
- Bake at 350F/180C/Gas 4 for 25 minutes or until golden
- Leave to cool and cut into bars
- Best left until the day after making for maximum enjoyment.