a cinnamon stick
3 tbsp cornflour
- Chop the rhubarb and place in a saucepan.
- Cook the rhubarb in the water, with the sugar and cinnamon, until it is soft
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and drizzle the mixture into the rhubarb, stirring constantly.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and bring the kissel to a gently simmer.
- Pour the kissel into dessert bowls and sprinkle sugar over the top to stop a skin forming.
- Serve cold, with whipped cream.